The Blue Cross Travelsafe Tripguard offers you the following benefits and premiums:
- Medical Treatment
This covers your hospitalization, surgery, visits to registered physicians or specialists, prescribed medicines, emergency ambulance and emergency care due to a covered illness or injury occurring during your travel. This benefit also provides in-patient coverage for pre-existing conditions up to the specified limit. The hospital daily room rate should not exceed US$350, or its Peso equivalent as determined by the Company for Dollar and Peso Plans, and Euro225 for Euro Plans.
- Hospital Income
This provides a daily income up to ten (10) consecutive days of your hospitalization in excess of 24 hours from the time of your admission. Your medical and surgical treatment are also covered under this plan.
- Personal Accident
This covers you when an accident occurs while traveling resulting in death or total permanent disability, including loss of one or both eyes or limbs. The maximum payable amount to a child from six (6) to 15 years old or a person above 70 years old shall be Php100,000 for Peso Plans, US$5,000 for Dollar Plans and Euro3,000 for the Euro Plan.
- Personal Liability
This covers expenses you might incur if you have caused another person’s accidental death, bodily injury or damage to property, because of situations beyond your control while you are traveling.
- Baggage Delay
This covers you when your checked-in baggage has been delayed, misdirected, or temporarily misplaced in delivery for more than 12 hours from the time you arrived at your destination.
- Baggage Loss or Damage
This covers your baggage including clothing, prescribed medicines, bags, footwear and other personal effects, if they have been lost or damaged during your travel. Items inside your bag are covered per item, pair or set of up to Php5,000 for Peso Plans, US$150 for Dollar Plans and Euro95 for the Euro Plan. For damaged or lost baggage, Blue Cross will cover up to the actual cost of repair, or cost of the lost baggage, subject to depreciation, but not to exceed the maximum benefit. We will not make payment for articles that are more than five (5) years old.
- Loss of Travel Documents
This covers only the replacement fee of your passport, and the re-issuance of your travel tickets of the same class. This benefit does not cover transportation, communication and other related incremental charges you might incur in the process of getting your new passport or tickets.
- Trip Cancellation
This provides reimbursement for the unused and non-refundable portion of your travel and accommodation expenses which have been paid in advance, if your trip is cancelled within 30 days prior to the scheduled departure date or on the scheduled departure date. The cancellation must be due to death, life threatening condition or sickness of the Insured, or his immediate family member which require emergency medical attention, or due to natural catastrophe or unexpected outbreak of strike, riot or civil commotion at the planned destination.
- Trip Termination
This provides reimbursement for the unused and non-refundable portion of your travel and accommodation expenses which have been paid in advance, if you need to cut short your trip and return to your place of origin after your coverage has begun. The termination must be due to death, life threatening condition or sickness of the Insured, or his immediate family member which require emergency medical attention, or due to natural catastrophe or unexpected outbreak of strike, riot or civil commotion at the planned destination.
- Flight Delay
This reimburses your incurred expenses if your flight is delayed by more than 12 hours due to severe weather conditions. Delays of chartered flights are not covered
- Missed Connecting Flight
This covers you if you missed your onward connecting flight due to the late arrival of your incoming flight and no alternative onward transportation is made available to you within twelve (12) consecutive hours after the arrival time of your incoming flight. The delay of the incoming flight must be due to severe weather conditions or organized industrial action/strike or hijack.
- Strikes & Hijacks
This provides a daily allowance for a maximum of ten (10) days for each full day your travel is delayed for more than 12 hours from reaching your scheduled destination due to organized industrial action, strike or hijack.
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
This covers the cost of funeral and burial expenses to be incurred at the point of origin if death occurs due to a covered disability or medical condition while you are traveling.
- Emergency Assistance Benefits
A. The following benefits are available to you only if they are arranged through our Emergency Assistance Partner:
Emergency Medical Evacuation
We will arrange and pay for the provision of air and/or surface transportation, communication and all usual ancillary services required to move you to the nearest hospital where appropriate medical care is available.
Emergency Medical Repatriation
We will arrange and pay for a medically supervised repatriation to your Home Country or Usual Country of Residence after stabilizing your medical condition, to the satisfaction of our Emergency Assistance partner.
Care of Minor Child(ren)
We will arrange for the return of your minor children to your Home Country or Usual Country of Residence, if they are left unattended as a result of your death, illness, accident, or Emergency Medical Evacuation.
We will arrange and pay for an economy roundtrip transportation for one of your immediate family members or a friend to join you, when you are traveling alone and are hospitalized for a covered condition for more than seven (7) consecutive days.
Return of Mortal Remains
We will arrange and pay for the transportation of your mortal remains to your Home Country or Usual Country of Residence.
B. The following benefits are available to you subject to the terms and conditions as agreed upon by Blue Cross and our Emergency Assistance partner:
- Medical Consultation, Evaluation and Referral
- Hospital Admission Assistance following a Medical Evacuation
- Medical Monitoring
- Prescription Assistance
- Emergency Message Transmission
- Interpreter and Legal Referrals
- Lost Luggage or Document Assistance
- Emergency Cash Coordination
- Pre-trip Information
The following are not covered under the Blue Cross Travelsafe Insurance Policy:
· Medical and physical conditions existing 180 days prior to the scheduled departure date, or any condition arising from, or contributed by such pre-existing conditions, whether known or unknown to you.
· Traveling contrary to doctor’s advice or for the purpose of obtaining medical treatment.
· War and warlike risks, unlawful or criminal acts, willful exposure to danger except to save human life.
· Childbirth and sexually transmitted disease.
· Intoxication, use of drugs not prescribed by registered physicians, self-injury, suicide or attempted suicide, psychological conditions, mental and nervous conditions.
· Traveling except as fare paying passenger on a fully licensed airline or sea vessel, engaging in any occupation or trade of a manual, hazardous, technical nature.
· Racing (other than foot), professional sports, scuba diving, winter sports, or other hazardous sports or activities. Certain hazardous sports can be covered at additional cost.
· Non-emergency treatment, routine care, convalescent or rehabilitation care, mental or nervous conditions.
· Lost cash, bank notes and traveler’s checks.
· Baggage lost without the supporting Baggage Irregularity Report from airline or police report if such loss occurred outside the custody of the airline.
· Electronic devices including but not limited to laptops, Personal Digital Assistance (PDA), mobile phones and cameras
· Delay, detention, confiscation by customs or authorities.
· Obesity, chronic dermatologic condition and any condition arising therefrom.
· Permanent artificial implants, prosthetic devices, graft, durable medical equipment and corrective devices.
· Confinement required wholly for executive check-ups or routine medical examinations or check-ups ups.